Monday, April 2, 2018

Back on the Blog!

Wooooooow, it's been a long time, you guys.  I've missed blogging and this community so much. There's been a lot going on in my life recently and I haven't had all the time I wanted for blogging or reading. As much as I love Wonderland's Reader and writing posts for it, life often gets in the way.  But still, I've missed sharing books and bits of my life with you guys! 


1. School!
I've been SO. BUSY. with school these past few months. I graduate in June so a lot of the classes I was taking were required ones in order to graduate. Because of that, I was stressed about doing well with them and making sure I had everything in order to graduate. It was easily my hardest quarter so far in college and I had almost no time to read (or really do anything besides go to class, study, and sleep). Luckily, I'm on spring break right now and starting a new batch of classes which will, hopefully, be slightly less stressful than the ones from last quarter. 

2. Writing Articles! 
I have been writing a lot . . . just not on here.  I currently work for an online magazine affiliated with my university where I have to write weekly articles. This has been an incredible challenging and time consuming position but one that definitely had helped me grow professionally and as a writer. But, unfortunately, a lot of my energy goes into writing those articles and it keeps me from Wonderland's Reader. 

3. Bookstagram! 
While I've been away from the blog, I haven't been totally cut off from the book community! I've started posting daily pictures of books on my instagram. This has been a super fun and creative activity and had been a great way tp stay active in the community even thought I haven't had a ton of time to read and write reviews! Here's a sample of some of the photos I have on my page: 

 Here's a link to my page if you want to check it out or give it a follow! :) 

4. Preparing for Life After Graduation!
When I haven't been doing school work or writing articles, most of my energy has been taken up with planning for my life after graduation. This has been a particularly stressful activity because I really have no idea where I'll be come June. There's a lot of big decisions I've been having to make -- where I'll live, what jobs I'll apply for, how I'll pay for my living expenses. These are just a couple of the questions that have been hanging out in the forefront of my mind for the last few months. I don't have answers to all these questions but I'm still working on them. 

So, that's been my life the last few months. I know it might not seem like a lot but, trust me, it's kept me busy (and stressed out). Now that that quarter is behind me and I'm starting fresh with some new classes, I'll hopefully have more time on my hands to read and post on here. 

I've missed this and you guys a lot so I'm really excited to start being active on here again! 


2 comments:

  1. Aw, it's nice to see you back on the blog! I'm on Instagram a bit, but I want to do more book focused posts because those ARE really fun. It won't ever be a full-time bookstagram account though, as I like sharing my everyday life. :)

    Yay for graduation coming up, but I know that can be super stressful.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. I like your instagram photos, very creative. Congratulations on your graduation-exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns