Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Top Ten Best Dads in Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share out top ten lists relating to the bookish topic assigned that week.

This week's topic is...

Top Ten Best Dads in Books!

1. Mr. Weasley from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling!


2. Andie's dad from The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson!


3. Lara Jean's dad in P.S. I still Love You by Jenny Han!


4. Meg's dad(s) in A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray!


5. Hans from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak!


6. Jake from Sustained by Emma Chase!


Those are all the dads I could think of, guys!  Where are all the awesome dads in YA lit?!  If you can think of any others, let me know!  What dads are on your list?  Leave me a link to your posts in the comments below so I can make sure to check them out!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I completely agree with all of these! :) Arthur Weasley and Hans Hubermann are both such great fathers so I’m so glad to see them in your post. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely YA dads to look up to!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I wondered the same! It seems dads in YA are either absent or dead beat and it was so hard to think up awesome dads or even dads who weren't perfect but still good for their kids. YA needs more dad appreciation!

    Your list seems great! Although I'm only familiar with Mr Weasley who's adorably awesome. I've been meaning to read The Book Thief and now I want to read it even more if it features an awesome dad :)

    My TTT is here.

    Henna @ Howling for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see more dads in YA lit (and parents in general). Too often they're pushed aside or just in the back ground. I'd love to see the relationships between teens and parents explored more in YA!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns