Monday, December 30, 2013

Top Ten of 2013

 photo f94b844a-3df6-4f48-93f4-713b3a619444_zps306936cc.png

 I cannot believe this year is already nearly over.  It has just flown by!  It doesn't feel like it can possibly be 2014 already.  With everything that has been going on and keeping me busy, time has completely slipped by.  2013 has been a year of big decisions, hard work, and lots of fun with friends and family.  It has also been a year of wonderful books.  

So, without further ado and in no particular order, I am here to share by top ten favorite books of 2013, complete with Supernatural gifs!


1. Endless Knight by Kresley Cole. 
I completely adored this one.  Everything about it was wonderful and it made me fall even more in love with the characters and the world, even changing my views on a few characters throughout the story.  And now I'm going crazy waiting for the third book in the series to release!  Please, give it to me now!
 
 
2. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tuchoeke.
Wow.  That's the one word that comes to mind when I think about this debut.  It was an amazingly well done blend of creepy, mysterious, and romantic.  It give me chills and made me swoon all at the same time and that, my friends, takes serious talent.  Another one that I am anxiously waiting for the sequel!  
 
 
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
This was my first time cracking open a Rainbow Rowell book and I was so angry at myself for waiting as long as I did.  This book gave me all the feels.  It was a beautiful coming of age book with a protagonist that was so easy to relate to.  I could see myself in Cath and that made the book all the more gripping and heart wrenching.  Definitely one that I will be coming back to very soon!
 

4. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufmann & Meagan Spooner.
Trust me, the story is just as - if not more - amazing as the cover.  This story was so original and unique.  These two authors wove a beautiful science fiction with a nice mixture of mystery and romance.  It also gave me some chills while reading - it wasn't outwardly creepy but some of the situations were ominous enough to freak me out!


5. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  
Daemon Black.  Jennifer L. Armentrout.  Daemon Black.  Katy.  Luxen.  Daemon Black.  Need I say more?  This book was absolutely fabulous.  The split point of view flowed flawlessly and the plot moved leaps and bounds in this installment.  And that ending killed me.  I need the next one.  Like, yesterday.  

6. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.
I can't even talk about this one yet.  The feels killed me.

7.  Angelfall by Susan Ee.
 This debut novel was fabulous.  The writing was quick and flowed well and the characters completely stole my heart.  It was an angel book but pushed the limits and the bounds of its type with an interesting twist and a world full of danger and surprises.  I loved it!

8. Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins.
I adored this book.  There was so much character growth and the plot was amazing (even though Kaidan wasn't in it quite as much as I would have liked).  Things were fast paced and interesting and I loved seeing more of the world and the species that Wendy Higgins has created.  After reading this one, I am so excited to read the final installment!
9.  Vain by Fisher Amelie.
This book was beautiful.  The story and the theme complimented each other flawlessly and I loved so much seeing the character growth that our main character, Sophie, went through.  I made me feel more conscious of the problems going on in the world and also made me excited to dive in the the next books in this series!

10. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi.
This book was so lovely.  The writing style is beautiful and lyrical and never fails to draw me in.  I especially loved this book because of all the changes in the characters.  We get new views on Juliette, Adam, and - most of all - Warner.  I loved getting more depth on his character and more information on his back story.  I cannot wait for the next one!

All of these amazing books helped make 2013 better for me!  Each and every one of them hold a special place in my heart.  Thank you to all the authors for writing them and allowing us to read them and thank you to all authors out there for opening yourself up and giving us a chance to read the awesomeness!  

Check back tomorrow, New Years Eve, to take a look at which books I'm most looking forward to in 2014!









 




 

1 comment:

  1. I loved Clockwork Princess, Vain and Unravel Me as well! I have yet to read all the other ones but I definitely will soon. They all seem to be in everyone's favorites this year. I've tried reading These Broken Stars but I think wasn't in the right mood. Im going to start it again soon. :D Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns